ACTS-RMI (NUS) Workshop in Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Risks Management in APAC
Programme Synopsis / Overview
In this course, we shall present an outline of the daily life in the Corporate Treasurer, what are the typical roles and responsibilities. We will share some typical workflow and operational activities in our daily work. i.e FX exposures, cashflow forecasts and liquidity reports are one of the main reports that Treasurers look at and monitor.
As Treasurers, we will have to manage the financial risks like cashflow, FX, IR, funding and it is our responsibility to ensure that operationally the organisation is protected and funded without hiccups and gaps.
Asia Pacific region is home to many interesting markets whereby the currencies usage is restricted, market liquidity is limited, and cross border fund transfers are not straightforward.
Treasurers need to have a good understanding of the market colors and stakeholders’ behavior, the currency liquidity and the hedging options available. As cash and liquidity managers, we need to know how to optimize our cash, structure our bank accounts and network, and proactively manage any restrictions on capital controls and movement of funds.
At the end of the programme, the participants will be able to:
- Identify, Quantify and Benchmark FX & FX Market Liquidity Risks
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the overview, behaviour and constraints of FX Markets and Regulations
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the overview, depth & liquidity, costs & efficiencies of FX Hedging Products
- Identify Cash & Funding Liquidity Risks and learn how to quantify and benchmark them
- Illustrate the overview, regulations and solutions of Capital Controls and Cross Border Regulations
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of overview, options, costs & constraints of Cashpool Structures and Liquidity Solutions
Entry Requirements / Pre-requisites
Finance, Accounting, Business related Degrees/Diplomas/Professional certifications
Discipline Category & Industry Sector
Understanding FX and Liquidity Risks Management for Corporate Treasurers in following industries:
- Financial services
- Supply chain
- Real estate and property
- Junior treasurers and new comers
- Finance and accounting professionals who are tasked with treasury roles
- Anyone who wish to learn more about corporate treasury
Section A: Overview of Corporate Treasury
- Typical Setup of Corporate Treasury
- Typical Role and Responsibilities of a Corporate Treasurer
- Typical Group Treasury Structure
Section B: Liquidity Risks and Cash Management
- Basics of Financial Risks Management
- Cash Management
- Liquidity Management
Section C: FX Risks Management
- The importance of FX Risk Management under socio-political uncertainty and volatile economic conditions
- What are the major types of risks? How they are managed or mismanaged?
- Why do treasury teams need to work harder than ever to manage FX risk?
- How to monitor and measure foreign exchange risk?
- How to manage foreign exchange risk?
Professor Chen Kan
Dr. Kai Bartlmae
Mr. Goh Seng Ti
Mr. Ye Tingsong
Quest speakers: ACTS, Bloomberg, Spark System, NTUC
S$1,900 (subject to 7% GST)
This programme is eligible for SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) funding claims subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
NUS (RMI) website click here.
Please contact Ms. Sinta Yowendra at Tel: 6516 7127 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org